Our Certified Premier Mercury Technicians will Perform the 100 Hour Service items and in addtion,
Every 300 Hours of Use or Three Years the following items need to be perfromed.
• Replace the water pump impeller (more often if overheating occurs or reduced water pressure is noted). This item should be serviced by an authorized dealer.
• Replace the high‑pressure in‑line fuel
• Replace the spark plugs at the first 300 hours or three years. After that, inspect the spark plugs every 300 hours or three years. Replace the spark plugs as needed. Refer to Spark Plug Inspection and Replacement.
• Replace the accessory drive belt.
• 350 and 400R only: Inspect the front engine mounts for cracks. Replace both mounts if either does not pass inspection.
• 400R models: Check the trim wear pads. Replace the wear pads if the mounting screws are flush with the wear pad.
100 Hour Service items included:
• Change the engine oil and replace the oil filter. The oil should be changed more often when the engine is operated under adverse conditions such as extended trolling.
• Inspect the hoses for cracks, chafe, and leaks. Replace as necessary. (additional charge if needed)
• Check the outboard for tightness to the boat transom. If any looseness of the outboard or mounting fasteners exists, tighten the outboard mounting fasteners to 75 Nm (55.3 lb‑ft). This item should be serviced by an authorized dealer.
• Remove or replace the in‑line fuel filter sleeve.
• Inspect the thermostat for corrosion and for a broken spring. Verify the thermostat closes completely at room temperature. This item should be serviced by an authorized dealer. (additional charge if replacement needed)
• Replace the vessel mounted fuel filter. (additional charge if needed)
• Check the corrosion control anodes. Check more frequently when used in saltwater. (additional charge if needed)
• Drain and replace the Gearcase lubricant.
• Check the power steering fluid.
• Inspect the battery.
• Check the wiring and connectors.
• Check the tightness of the bolts, nuts, and other fasteners.
• Check the cowl seals to make sure the seals are intact and not damaged.
• Check the internal cowl sound reduction foam (if equipped) to ensure that the foam is intact and not damaged.
• Check that the intake silencer (if equipped) is in place.
• Check that the idle relief muffler (if equipped) is in place.
• Check for loose hose clamps and rubber boots (if equipped) on the air intake assembly.
*f additional parts are required above the normal 300 Hour Service Parts you will be notified.
We are a Mercury Verado Authorized Dealer
for Warranty and Maintenance Services.
Schedule service on our Service Quote Request page.
Do you need work done to your boat? Leave it in the hands of professionals! The experienced technicians at Doller Offshore Marine have the expertise to get you back in the water quickly. Fish, fun, or fast, we do it all!
Our experienced technicians at Doller Offshore Marine have the expertise to get you back in the water quickly. Don't hesitate to call on questions regarding:
The Doller Offshore Marine reputation was built around providing exceptional service to customers nationwide. We know our customers demand the best, and that's what you'll get!
We'll work with you for regularly scheduling proper maintenance on your boat to ensure you get the most out of your investment.
Our Mobile Service Repair Van is stocked with an assortment of parts that can get you back going on the water in minimal time. Simply call us and we'll send out one of our experienced technicians to help diagnose and fix your boat.
Doller Offshore Marine's main focus is to optimize your time you spend with your family and friends on the water. The last thing we want is for you to cancel your weekend because of a breakdown.
We believe in getting you the service that you need, no matter what the situation.
Don't hesitate to call us if you have questions or if you need mobile service!
Our after-hours emergency number is (954) 410-3803.