Ultra-lightweight & reliable
The world’s first portable outboard tiller that offers ambidextrous operation.
- Performance: Low weight and awesome torque from the new 20hp and 15hp Mercury FourStrokes get your boat on plane quicker and provide best-in-class acceleration to complement best-in-class top speed. These outboards are easy to install and operate, and electronic fuel injection ensures reliable starting and instant throttle response in any weather for worry-free boating. The lowest transmitted vibration in its class produces a more comfortable driving experience.
- Reliable and durable: Mercury's pre-treatment priming and painting process is engineered specifically for saltwater use, ensuring long-term protection of aluminum castings, and is a vital part of the 20hp and 15hp EFI FourStrokes' exceptional corrosion resistance. Low-copper aluminum alloys shut down corrosion to keep your outboard healthy and powerful; all of Mercury's class-leading aluminum alloys deliver the best protection against corrosion.
Easiest to Drive
- The innovative tiller handle for the new 20hp and 15hp outboards sets a new standard for portable outboard tiller control, delivering features, functions and craftsmanship never seen before. The new ergonomic and efficient tiller designs enhance your boating experience with revelations in comfort and function, including:
- Horizontal tiller angle adjustment delivers comfort and easy operation by providing ambidextrous control. The tiller handle can be adjusted for right- or left-hand control. Steer with ease no matter where you sit.
- Likewise, reversible throttle grip rotation lets you adjust the direction of the grip rotation for optimal comfort; no matter which arm you’re steering with, you can choose the direction of the throttle grip.
- Driving is made easier with a vertical down stop angle adjustment, which lets you quickly and easily set a vertical operating angle without tools.
- The tiller grip auto throttle return spring automatically brings your throttle to idle when you release the throttle grip. The stop button is located at the end of the grip for quick and easy access.
- There’s also a tiller angle option that lets you lock the tiller at 73 degrees up – great for fishing and for trailering.
- You can adjust the throttle response while underway to suit driving preference. Tightening the throttle response allows you to hold your desired speed.
15hp ProKicker FourStroke
- EFI delivers fast, reliable starting and controlled throttle response in all weather
- Superior torque provides greater acceleration for better boat control
- High-thrust four-blade propeller delivers greater trolling speed authority
- Standard Power Tilt enables fast and effortless operation
- Exclusive centering straps automatically straighten and lock outboard when tilted up
- New and exclusive tiller handle is longer and adjustable for port or starboard installation
- 9 Amp alternator output at trolling speeds
All New Tiller Handle
- Forward shift lever
- Throttle grip mounted stop button
- Throttle friction to hold trolling speed
- Power Tilt button forward mounted
- 1.5 inches (3.8 centimeters) longer than previous handle
- Tiller vertical angle locks at 73 and 45 degrees for easy access and secure highspeed running
- Tiller is adjustable 18 degrees port and starboard from center, enabling installation on either side of the transom
- HP / kW: 15 / 11.1
- Engine type: Inline 2
- Displacement (CID/CC): 20.3 / 333
- Full throttle RPM: 5700 - 6200
- Fuel induction system: Single Overhead Cam
- Alternator amp / Watt: 12/145 electric
- Recommended fuel: 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended oil: 25W-40 Synthetic Blend; Mercury FC-W 10W-30 4-Stroke Marine Oil
- Engine protection operator warning system: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Starting: Electric
- Steering: Remote; Tiller
- Shaft length: 25 in. / 635 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 2.15:1
- Dry weight *Lightest model available: 122 lb. / 56 kg
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 2.40 x 2.24 in. / 61 x 57 mm
- Ignition: CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Fuel system: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim system: Power Tilt
- Trim positions: 6
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Shallow water drive: Yes
- Shallow water trim range (degrees): 16
- Remote fuel tank standard (gal / L): 6.6 / 25
- Color: Phantom Black
Dry weight based on lightest model available.